How The Concept Of Potentization As ‘Molecular Imprinting’ Was Evolved?
Many friends ask me: “How could you evolve your concept of ‘molecular imprints’ as the active principles of potentized drugs and your explanation of homeopathy on that basis? Why are you so much convinced regarding the correctness of your concepts?”
Actually, it was a slow evolutionary process panning through years of study, thinking, experimentation, interpretation and meditation. Here I am trying to enlist the important milestones of that evolutionary process.
- Most important primary observation that initiated my logical thought process was that potentized drugs works therapeutically!
- My second observation was that potentized drugs do not work therapeutically, if they are not ‘similimum’ to the given case.
- Control solutions of ethyl alcohol and water in the same ratio of potentized drugs were proved to be having no therapeutic properties.
- Then I observed through calculations based on Avogadro constant that there is no chance for any drug molecules to be present in a drug potentized above 12c.
- Potentized drugs and unpotentized alcohol/ethyl alcohol mixture (controls)have similar chemical properties. This observation indicates that no chemical changes of any sorts happen to ethyl alcohol/water mixture due to the process of potentization.
- Potentized drugs when heated, or subjected to strong electrical or magnetic fields lose their therapeutic properties. This observation indicates that some physical changes happens during potentization in the alchol/water mixture, that are liable to be cancelled by heat, magnetism and electricity.
- Evaporation rates of potentized drugs and control solutions have been found to differ. That indicates change in hydrogen bond patterns and supra-molecular rearrangements.
- Freezing point of potentized drugs and control solutions are different, which again indicates change in hydrogen bonding patterns and supra-molecular organization of medium during potentization.
- Intensity of Brownian motions is less in potentized drugs when compared to control solutions. This observation shows that freedom of movements of molecules are comparatively restricted in potentized drugs, which indicates a supra-molecular clustering.
- Solubility of salts in potentized drugs and control solutions are of different rates. This observation shows that the supra-molecular properties and hydrogen bonding patterns have changed during potentization, which also indicates some sort of supra-molecular clustering.
- In spectroscopic studies, the rate of absorption, and refraction of light rays were found to be different in potentized drugs and control solutions. This showed that water/ethyl alcohol mixture have undergone some sort of supra-molecular clustering and re-organization during potentization.
- Dielectric dispersions of potentized drugs were experimentally proved to be different from that of control solutions, which indicated a molecular re-arrangement of medium during the process of potentization.
- In vitro and in vivo experiments proved that potentized drugs can antidote the biological effects of theirs crude forms. This convinced me that the potentized drugs contained some active principles that can act upon biological molecules in a way just opposite to the action of crude drug molecules.
- Study of supra-molecular structure of water, hydrogen bonding, hydration shells, clathrate compounds and supra-molecular clusters convinced me that water can exhibit some polymer-like properties at supra-molecular level.
- Study of molecular properties of ethyl alcohol and ethyl alcohol/water mixtures convinced me that the hydrogen bond strength of water can be enhanced by the presence of ethyl alcohol molecules in an appropriate proportion. Further, the heavy alcohol molecules can restrict the free movements of water molecules, there by helping in the stabilization of hydration shells.
- Study of the technology of ‘molecular imprinted polymers’ done by polymer scientists convinced me of the use of ‘molecular imprints’ as artificial binding sites for biological target molecules.
- Study of works done by Benveniste regarding ‘memory of water’ indicated some structural changes happening in water during successive dilution and succession. Benveniste failed to comprehend the real mechanism involved in the phenomenon of ‘water memory’ he observed.
- Some Russian scientists have earlier observed a phenomenon they called ‘shape memory property of water’, which they could not explain scientifically, since they also did not understand the real process of ‘molecular imprinting’ involved in it.
- Study of the phenomenon known as ‘hormesis’, which remains still unexplained scientifically, also led me to relate it with some sort of ‘supra-molecular’ re-arrangements happening in water in ultra dilutions.
All these observations, study, updating, logical co-relating of various phenomena , and above all constant meditation led me to the conviction that ‘molecular imprinting’ is the actual process involved in potentization, and ‘molecular imprints’ are the real active principles of potentized homeopathic drugs.
It was a great revelation to me. Now I am fully convinced that I am on right path.
When I tried to explain homeopathic therapeutic principle of ‘similia similibus curentur’ on the basis of this ‘molecular imprints’ concept, everything was found to fit well to the modern scientific understanding of disease and therapeutics.